Ten years ago, if you were to suggest that someone working in a law office, let alone an attorney, would use business text messaging to communicate with clients, there’s a high probability that you wouldn’t be believed. The fact is, attorneys and their staff are texting their clients and it’s wildly successful. If you’re not using a text messaging service, it’s time to strongly consider it.
Why is it working? The demands that lawyers have with clients and their cases makes it challenging to always be available for every client need. Law offices that use a business grade text messaging service to communicate with clients have become more efficient with their time, increase their productivity and have improved relationships with their clients.
3 reasons lawyers should use a business grade text messaging service
1. There’s never enough time
From my personal experience, I know that most lawyers just don’t have a lot of time to spend with each of their clients unless it’s an urgent matter, preparing for mediation, trial or other critical needs that need to be addressed. Using a business text messaging service for attorneys and law offices allows the communication between the client to be read and likely responded to quickly. In fact, over 95% of text messages are read and responded to within 15 minutes!
Additionally, clients are also keenly aware of the ticking clock once that begins as soon as their corresponding with their attorney or staff. Using a text messaging service for communication between client and attorney is a great way to get answers to questions quickly while being cost effective for the client and not require a great deal of time for the attorney.
Use business text messaging for:
- Schedule, reschedule and confirm appointments
- Reminders of information needed
- Payment confirmation or reminders
- Ask or answer simple questions
- Court date notifications
- Case status updates
- Autoresponder messages like out of office, office hours and address
2. Text Messaging Service on the go
Texting clients through a business texting service is a great way to maximize time and create efficiencies. Respond to communication from clients when there is time between appointments, in an airport or while on a conference call. Text is a common way to communicate when it’s convenient for you and in turn, your clients. With the ability to use text to communicate in real-time, you’ll be able to avoid potential delays in the case progressing.
Take advantage of built in features with a business grade text messaging service, like TextBetter. We use your business phone number(s) and pair it with your email address. Texting from your business number is as simple as sending an email. Conversation threading is contained in your email. All conversations are searchable and archivable in your email. Your text communication can be integrated with your case management system as well.
3. It’s personal
Text can be seen as more personal. It’s short, sweet and to the point. It also shows that you’re aware and understand the hectic schedules of your clients and are being respectful of their time. All attorneys have had instances where clients have been unresponsive to email, phone calls, voicemails and even the occasional letter. Sending a text though a business texting service prompts action from those unresponsive clients as it shows your willingness to communicate the desired way they prefer.
Ready to start exploring text communication with your clients? It’s done in these 4 simple steps!
1. Pick Your Plan: Whether you’re a team of 5 or company of 5,000 – we have a plan that’s right for you. Our plans are flexible, affordable and designed to give you everything you need and a little more.
2. Send Us Your User Information: Simply send us an email with the name, email address and landline number for each user so we can get started on account set-up. Text messages will be sent directly to and from the email address associated with each phone number. The TextBetter user will be able to send and receive text messages directly from their email account.
3. Verify Your Number: Once we’ve called you on your landline and authenticated your telephone number, we’ll text-enable each user by pairing their landline number with their email account. The entire pairing process takes just a few minutes, without any downloads, applications or new software to install.
4. Start Texting: Once you get an email confirming that set-up is complete, you’re ready to start texting!
Call or text us today to get started texting your clients!
TextBetter™ is a business texting service that makes it easy to send or receive texts from your landline number. Our cloud-based service seamlessly integrates with your business, without having to install new software or change how you do business. Through our three separate product offerings, we proudly cater to organizations of all sizes: Teams, Business or Enterprise.