The Case For Using Texting In Your Business
Are you using texting in your business as part of your communications strategy with both customers and employees? If you aren’t, why not? Both customers and employees want to communicate more through texting. Remember, it isn’t 2005 any more. Check out these amazing stats to see why texting has become so popular.
• 97% of all text messages are opened in less than 15 minutes
• Less than 1% of all text messages are spam.
• 30% of consumers interact with a brand through text messages
• 64% of consumers think that businesses should communicate through texting more often
• One in five consumers is just as likely to prefer a text message from a business to a phone call.
• The activities people with text capabilities would most prefer to do via text are: check order status (38%) schedule or change appointments (32%) and make or confirm reservations (31%).
• A 2012 study found that text was the highest rated contact method for customer satisfaction out of all other customer communication channels. Text earned 90 out of 100 points, while phone earned 77 out of 100 and Facebook earned 66.
• Over one-third of business professionals say they can’t go 10 minutes without responding to a text.
• Sales prospects who are sent text messages convert at a rate 40% higher than those who are not sent any text messages.
• Over 80% of people use text messaging for business, and 15% said that more than half their messages are for business purposes.
• 70% of U.S. consumers appreciate getting texts or emails from healthcare providers.
• 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via SMS.
• Texting in the sales process can lead to conversion gains of more than 100%. However, sending text messages before establishing contact with a prospect can adversely affect both contact and conversion rates.
• 20% of financial services companies use mobile messaging to ensure business continuity and add to their multichannel capabilities.
• 77% of consumers with texting capabilities aged 18-34 are likely to have a positive perception of a company that offers text capability.
• 72% of business professionals prefer texting to messaging apps.
• Nearly 70% of employees think their organization should use text messaging to communicate with employees, and 86% say it should not be reserved for just customer communication.
• 64% of all consumers are likely to have a positive perception of a company that offers texting as a service channel
As you can see, everyone wants to communicate through texting. It is time to unlock the power of texting in your business by enabling your main business line and any other direct employee phone numbers and start communicating with your customers through text simply by using your existing email account. No software is required to install. Call or text us today at (800) 322-1112.
Get started for as little as $19.95 per month, 30 minutes to set up. Absolutely no software to configure or install.
Start Your Free Trial Now
The above information was sourced from CTIA, eWeek, Direct Marketing Association, etc.