This week’s featured article Business Text Messaging Explained, will dig into the nuts and bolts of business text messaging. We will cover why text messaging for business works, the basic functionality, and how to get started texting in your business.
Why Business Text Messaging Works
As I sat down to write this article, I heard that familiar buzz from my cell phone alerting me I just received a text message and, of course, I had to check it and see what was going on. Fun for me (I say this sarcastically), my dentist just sent me a reminder about my appointment next Wednesday afternoon (I dread going to the dentist!). I also noticed a text from just a few minutes prior letting me know that my grocery store will deliver my groceries within the next 30 minutes.
Why am I mentioning my dentist appointment or my grocery delivery? Well, there are a few things that stand out here…
- The texts weren’t from my friends or family…. they were from businesses.
- My attention immediately turned to my phone when I heard the buzz.
- I took action confirming my dreaded appointment next week.
Please take a minute and think about my reaction time when I became curious about the buzz. I didn’t hesitate; I picked up the phone and read the text. What’s more, I took the required action right away by confirming my appointment next week, and then got back to work.
Consider this scenario in terms of your business. What would it mean for your customers or prospects if you use business text messaging? Do you think that you’d see the same or similar reaction and response time? Chances are, yes, yes, you certainly will.
Many studies have data confirming consumers’ rapid response times and increased response rates with text messages compared to email. Gartner’s research indicates that text message open rates are as high as 98% compared to just 20% for email.
It makes sense, right? As consumers, we respond to text messages much faster and more frequently than we do to emails. Why is that? To name just a few of those reasons:
- Text messages are short and sweet by nature. Send a quick text, receive a brief response, at least for the most part.
- Responding to an email on the phone is not exactly the easiest. Using a tiny keyboard to draft a detailed response isn’t likely ideal for most.
- We’ve become wired to have our phones with us wherever we are.
- The number of texts we receive daily is a mere fraction of the number of emails that hit across our multiple accounts.
Business Text Messaging Explained
As a business owner or someone responsible for a team, you may have a bit of pause thinking about potential “LOL’s” or, even worse, critical dialogue with customers housed on their mobile devices will stay with them should they leave the company.
Let’s dig into the logistics a bit more and explain how it all comes together.
A landline number paired with the user’s email is how text messages are both sent and received. It looks like this:
TextBetter uses a patented solution where 2-Way Email to SMS Gateway (which are fancy words that mean “a unique pairing process”) to transmit text messages to and from an existing landline number(s).
This pairing process connects the email and the direct landline number together. Once that process is complete, the ability to send, receive & manage text conversations directly from your email inbox is active.
When sending an email to a recipient’s mobile phone, TextBetter converts the email into a text message and delivers it with the landline number paired to the email, listed as the sender. When the recipient replies, it converts the text into an email that flows right back to your inbox.
The process is pretty simple. And because you manage text conversations directly from your existing email client, with TextBetter, there is nothing to download or install.
Texts Are Archived & Synced With CRM’s
Sending and receiving text messages from the existing email client allows companies to store conversations with their customers, add notes, or transfer a discussion to another employee. Businesses can integrate the information with CRM’s to synchronize conversations and capture essential customer information. Since communication is being sent by email, there is a full record of the exchanges.
It’s Easy To Get Started.
- Send Your User Information: Send us an email with the name, email address, and landline number for each user so we can get started on account set-up. Users will send text messages directly to and from the email address associated with each phone number. The TextBetter user will be able to send and receive text messages now from their email account.
- Verify Your Number: Once we’ve called you on your landline and authenticated your telephone number, we’ll text-enable each user by pairing their landline number with their email account. The entire pairing process takes just a few minutes, without any downloads, applications, or new software to install.
- Start Texting: You’re ready to start texting when you receive a confirmation email!
Kick-off the new year with business text messaging. No other messaging medium has the same power as text messaging does.
Have more questions on this Business Text Messaging Explained article, or ready to get started with text messaging for your business? Call us today. We’re ready to help!
TextBetter provides business texting solutions that make it easy for businesses to send and receive text messages using their landline number(s). The cloud-based service effortlessly integrates into existing business models without having to download or install new software. Businesses of all sizes are served through three distinct product offerings: TextBetter Team, TextBetter Business, and TextBetter Enterprise. More information about the company and services can be found at www.textbetter.com.