As a sales operations professional, my goal is to maximize the effectiveness of a sales organization. It means I must be proactive in identifying areas of improvement, well-versed in implementing solutions, and proficient in using both technology and process to drive efficiency. To be successful, the initiatives I implement must enable management to achieve their business goals while maintaining constant focus on the end customer. For these reasons and others, I have become particularly vocal about the benefits of using a texting service for business.
How is Business Text Messaging More Efficient than Email?
I get this question a lot, and the simple answer is that it’s not. Let me explain:
As any sales operations professional will tell you; when it comes to creating efficiencies, there is never a one-size-fits-all approach. In fact, the most successful solutions solve for a variety of business needs unique to an organization, it’s employees, and their end-customer or prospect.
So when thinking of efficiencies through the lens of our earlier question – instead of asking ourselves text or email, we need to be thinking about the uses cases, areas of opportunity, and as always, taking a blended – and streamlined – approach to communication.
By way of example, the below use case demonstrates how a local moving company leveraged a texting service for business to create capacity for their administrative team, drive efficiencies throughout the organization and enhance the overall customer journey — all the way from quote to cash.
Moving Company Uses TextBetter™ for Their Texting Service For Business
A 50-person moving company (“John’s Movers”) uses 3 logistics coordinators to answer phones, book appointments, and coordinate schedules for their movers in the field. After limited office space prevented John from hiring a 4th coordinator during peak season, he called the team at TextBetter.
The Challenge? How can we get John’s team of logistic coordinators to work smarter and not harder? Here’s two examples of how the TextBetter team delivered.
Auto-Generated Text Message Reminders from Business to Consumer
- Decreased ‘no show’ appointments;
- Made it easier for customers to reply / reschedule appointments over text.
- Since customer replies over text are received via email, logistics coordinators spend less time on the phone tracking down customers;
- They also became more effective as having a documented conversation history to reference ultimately decreased human error.
Streamlined and Documented Employee Communication
- Real-time communication made the staffing process easier and quicker; especially helpful when someone from the moving team is out with a last-minute flu or a family emergency.
- Documented communication also created the additional visibility John didn’t know he needed. Once a mover texts ‘I’m running late’ or ‘customer no show’, the message is received by email. This can be forwarded to the billing department.
- Lastly, through enabling text you are also enabling better data – although this feature is not widely offered within the industry – the team at TextBetter can help you deploy a texting service that is received by email and automatically logged in CRM.
Ultimately, the use cases for business text messaging are as far reaching as they are meaningful. This is true as long as they cater to the people you are communicating with.
So what are the specific, tangible benefits of a texting service for business?
There are many.
First, and perhaps most importantly, customer engagement is enhanced and improved. Response time is increased, interaction is efficient and personable; perception of your value offering is elevated. As a result, customer loyalty is immeasurably strengthened, and referral activity proactive and permeating. The result? B2C text messaging service that caters to your customers’ desired mode of communication without the sacrifice of lost information and process inefficiencies.
Second, business texting services eliminate the manual effort of transferring customer conversations via text messaging to CRM or email. Data entry and pertinent customer information is seamlessly integrated into existing email workflows as if it were through a single mode of transmission.
Lastly, using a business text messaging service creates a real-time communication environment. In this, customers are less inclined to call your help desk and more likely to have a better customer experience. It also means that B2C texting services create measurable efficiencies for customer service reps by enabling them to multiple task – communicating both professionally and efficiently.
Have questions on TextBetter can make business text messaging work for you? Call or text us today at 800-322-1112 so we can text enable your business phone number and set you up with our text to landline solution. Test drive TextBetter for 15 days.
Stephanie Knapp, Consultant with over 6 years of professional experience in process improvement, strategic planning, project management, and stakeholder relations.