If you are reading this, chances are that your company is using a toll free or 800 number. Businesses use a toll-free number instead of a local phone number for a variety of reasons.
Common benefits include:
- Gives company a national presence.
- Makes it easy and free for customers to call the company.
- Number can be easier to remember, especially in larger areas that have more than one area code, such as Los Angeles, New York City, or Phoenix.
- Makes the company appear larger and more professional.
- Used for brand awareness such as companies like 1-800-FLOWERS.
As we can see, a company’s 800 number can be very important. Now what about texting? In previous articles we have talked about why every business should use texting as a tool. Let’s dive into why specifically a company should enable text messaging for their existing business toll free number instead of setting up a new number just for texting.