In the last few years leading up to 2018, the college recruiting effort has been the most effective of all HR practices at large corporations (think Geico, Deloitte, etc.). The competition in recruiting the most in demand students has become incredibly stiff. In order to successfully deliver the in-demand candidates, your corporation must implement new best practices. College recruits are demanding and need the most interaction, and this generation prefers instant gratification.
This is where business text messaging comes into play. Give your recruiters the capability to use text for business to communicate with their recruits. Allowing your college recruiting team use business text messaging as their primary method of communication will make your corporation stand out. Text messaging shows your recruits that you understand their preferences. Remaining relevant in corporate college recruiting efforts require you to use the channel of communication that your recruits prefer, i.e. Text Messaging!
Cell phones dominate student communication because college students have their cell phones on them 24/7. If you want to get a response from a potential recruit, send them a text message. You are likely to get a response quicker than any other form of communication. Ninety-seven percent of text messages are responded to within 15 minutes.
There are different ways that you can use business text messaging throughout the cycle of onboarding a new hire:
- Recruiters use business text to communicate with recruits.
- Managers keep in touch with new hires via business text prior to start date.
- HR texts the open enrollment link to new hires.
How does it work?
- TextBetter will text enable your office line. This will allow you to send and receive business text messages directly from your business email. By text enabling your landline phone number, you can now give out just one phone number for both phone calls and text.
- TextBetter enables you to manage your texts just like you do your emails. You can now archive your conversations with your candidates.
- By separating your business texts from personal texts, you can now avoid any accidental mixing of the two.
Ideas for how Business Text Messaging will make your College Recruiting team more efficient:
- Have your students or potential candidates text the name of a specific job title, and have a Keyword set up to automatically respond with the job description or link to apply.
- Worried about missing texts after hours? You can set up auto-responders stating that the text was received and will be responded to during normal business hours.
Text enable your college recruiters today! Don’t be afraid to shorten the recruiting cycle and try a different approach with your recruits. Edge out the competition by getting to them first.
Have questions on how TextBetter can make business text messaging work for you? Call or text us today at 800-322-1112.