Business text messaging is now considered an essential business tool, regardless of the size company. Text messaging provides convenience for customers to connect with businesses and for businesses to connect with its’ customers.
There are absolute essentials businesses can’t ignore. For a veterinarian’s office, they have to have the proper supplies to take care of animals. For software companies, computers are likely essential. For a restaurant, having food to prepare and serve is a must. Business text messaging is no different. With the way technology has evolved over the years, text messaging is now considered a standard and essential form of communication, both preferred and expected.
Customers want to connect through text messages with businesses because it’s where they are. But what does that even mean?
According to a survey conducted by Reviews.org, consumers are addicted to their phones. If you are, here are some interesting takeaways:
- 87.8% feel uneasy about leaving their phone at home
- 75.4% consider themselves addicted to their phones
- 65.6% check their phones 160 times/day
The chances of a business connecting with a customer through text messages are high. It is with them all of the time. Text messaging has an open rate of 98%, and most people respond within minutes of receiving a text. Email is nowhere near as effective with open or response rates.
Ways to use Business Text Messaging
Decrease no show and missed appointments
Missed appointments are not just a nuisance for businesses; they are also very costly. Luckily, using text message to send reminders helps reduce the number of people missing appointments. Reduced no-shows benefit the company while customers enjoy the convenience and customer support that business text messaging provides.
Use business text messaging to provide options for customer service inquiries. Businesses can resolve many customer issues over text. If a question or problem happens to be more involved and cannot be resolved via text, schedule a time for a phone call to take care of the issue.
A great way to increase customer satisfaction ratings is to send a text to follow up after a conversation. Doing so creates a very personal touch that customers appreciate.
Notification that a product or service is ready
Proactive communication is a significant factor in client satisfaction. Using email to text to notify that a product or service is available and ready has been a strategic part of this intentional communication type.
Before a meeting or an appointment, send a quick text to remind customers of essential items to bring. For instance, for a loan, a driver’s license may be required.
How will you use business text messaging in your business?
As customer preferences have evolved and businesses placing more emphasis on customer experience, business text messaging has become an essential tool for successful businesses.
TextBetter offers a plug-n-play service designed for and used in businesses of all sizes and industries. There are no systems to learn and no interruptions to complicate workflows. We use your email to send and receive texts from your existing landline number. By simply pairing the two, you’ll send, receive and manage text conversations directly from your email inbox – without having to download (or change) a thing.
Think this sounds complicated? It’s not. The TextBetter team can enable your landline number for texting in these 4 easy steps.
- Pick Your Plan. Whether you’re a team of 5 or a company of 5,000 – we have a plan that’s right for you. Our plans are flexible, affordable, and designed to give you everything you need and a little more.
- Send Us Your User Information. Send us an email with the name, email address, and landline number for each user so we can get started on account set-up. Text messages will be sent directly to and from the email address associated with each phone number. The TextBetter user will be able to send and receive text messages directly from their email account.
- Verify Your Number. Once we’ve called you on your landline and authenticated your telephone number, we’ll text-enable each user by pairing their landline number with their email account. The entire pairing process takes just a few minutes, without any downloads, applications, or new software to install.
- Start Texting. Once you get an email confirming that the set-up is complete, you’re ready to start texting!
TextBetter provides business texting solutions that make it easy for businesses to send and receive text messages using their landline number(s). The cloud-based service effortlessly integrates into existing business models without having to download or install new software. Businesses of all sizes are served through three distinct product offerings: TextBetter Team, TextBetter Business, and TextBetter Enterprise. More information about the company and services can be found at www.textbetter.com.