Questions? We’ve got answers
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my existing landline number?
Yes. TextBetter will work with any 11-digit telephone number, including toll-free & VoIP numbers. And unlike our competitors, we’ll never take ownership or port your numbers.
What about toll-free or VoIP numbers?
Yes. TextBetter can text-enable toll-free & VOIP numbers as well as landline telephone numbers.
What If I dont have a landline number?
Can multiple users send texts from a single landline number?
Yes. We recommend using a ‘shared inbox’ to allow multiple users to send & receive text messages from a single landline number.
Email Client Questions
Will it work with my business email?
How do you send a texts via email?
For example, [email protected]
What happens when someone texts my landline?
When someone sends a text to your landline number, we’ll convert their SMS into an email and deliver it right to your inbox. To text back, simply reply
Can I access my texts online?
Yes. By using an email account to send, receive and manage texts, TextBetter eliminates the need for additional applications or software.
TextBetter users can send, receive, manage text conversations on any platform that has access to their email. This includes online portals, as well as desktop applications.
It also works on as many devices (PCs, phones, tablets, etc.) as you’d like, at no additional cost.
What is the difference between Solo and Professional?
As our most basic plan, Solo includes 1 user and 200 outbound texts per month. In the event you exceed your monthly limit, you will be charged an overage fee of $0.04 per outbound text. Incoming texts are free and do not count towards your limit.
Our Professional Plan includes 5 users and built-in features like a company-wide phonebook, reporting, automatic & scheduled replies, opt-out list management and more. In addition, Professional Plan users have access to mass text & marketing tools like distribution lists and our SMS Marketing Wizard.
Professional Plan users also enjoy 500 outbound texts per month pooled across your organization. For example, 2 users = 1,000 outbound texts per month (2×500 = 1,000) | 3 users = 1,500 outbound texts per month (3×500 = 1,500), etc. As always, Incoming texts are free and do not count towards your limit.
What is the difference between Professional and Enterprise?
Enterprise is designed for large organizations that require premium customization or support. There are no limits on the number of user licenses per subscription, and volume discounts are automatically built into your pricing plan (please contact us for custom pricing).
Enterprise includes everything in our Professional plan, plus personalized APIs, tailored features (specific to your organization/needs) and custom branding for a more personalized user experience.
Do you offer volume discounts?
Yes! Please contact us for more information.
Can I add new user licenses to my existing plan?
Adding new users is easy and set-up is free! Simply contact our Support Team with each user’s information. It takes less than a day to get started.
Prices per user vary depending on your plan:
• Solo includes 1 user (maximum of 1 user per subscription*).
• Professional includes 5 users. A subscriber can add additional users at any time, at a discounted rate of $20 per user per month (maximum of 1,000 users per subscription).
*There are no fees associated with account upgrades – so your growing team can easily transition to a Professional Plan, if needed.
Can I upgrade my plan at any time?
Yes. Upgrading plans is easy and can be done at any time, without any hidden fess or penalties. Just contact our support team.
Everything you need to know
TextBetter User Guide
User Specific Instructions
‘How-To’ by Topic
How do I send a text from my email account?
• Open a new email using the email account paired with your landline telephone number. In the “To” field add the recipients 11-digit mobile phone number followed by @TextBetter.com: +[area code]+[mobile number]@TextBetter.com.
• Skip the subject line. It will not be included in your message.
• Type your message and send. Remember, only the first 306 characters will be sent
What about my signature block?
We got it covered. Our technology automatically recognizes and removes your signature block, along with common salutations such as “Regards,” or “All the best,”
How to create SMS Alerts (audible ring for incoming texts)
Outlook users can create an alert (audible ring) any time their landline number receives an incoming text – just like your mobile phone.
Click here to read or download these instructions.
How does the company opt-out list work?
To view or manually add numbers to your company-wide opt out-out list, contact your account administrator.
To remove a number from this list, please contact our Support Team.
How do I sync my text conversations with CRM?
• Simply create a TextBetter Email Address for each of your contacts in CRM using their 11-digit mobile number followed by “@TextBetter.com”. You can automate this process by running a back-end job that appends “@TextBetter.com” with your contact’s mobile number.
• One done, you’ll have a unique ID that can be used to associate contact records in CRM with the text conversations that are stored in your email.
What CRMS works with TextBetter?
TextBetter seamlessly integrates with hundreds of CRMs, so more likely than not, you already have what you need. TextBetter customers use Salesforce, SugarCRM, Microsoft Dynamics, Infusionsoft and more.
How to text multiple recipients
You can send a single text to up to 10 recipients at a time – simply separate each number in the “To” field with a semicolon; just like you would email. Your message will be sent to each recipient individually, creating a 1:1 conversation (between you and the recipient) that is private.
Texting More than 10 Recipients
This functionality is only available to Business & Enterprise subscribers via the following features:
(1) Our SMS Marketing Wizard allows you send personalized texts to multiple recipients at once, like appointment reminders & thank you notes.
(2) Distribution lists allow you send a single text to designated group of recipients – great for special announcements or internal notifications, like an office closing or storm warning
How do I create automated responses?
Please include content and desired schedule (with time zone) for each message. As a reminder, your auto-response cannot exceed 130 characters.
How do update my phone book?
Updating your phonebook is easy. It can be done at any time, using any of the following methods:
• Directly from your iPhone or Desktop email: after you receive a text from an unknown sender, click on the “add to phonebook” link – located in the bottom of the email.
• From your account page (mass upload or manual entry): click on the “Phonebook” button located on the top menu bar of your account page. Here, you can add/edit contacts manually or upload a large spreadsheet.
What are key words and how do they work?
Keywords enable you to create custom, automated responses based on designated key words. – So rather than scheduling a text, responses can be triggered by any number of keyword(s).
To activate keywords, send an email to your account administrator. Please include content and desired keyword trigger for each message.
How to send & receive picture messages?
To Send Text To Email: If you subscribe to MMS, simply upload the image as an attachment to your email and press send! Your email will arrive as a text with your image embedded in the text.
To Receive: If you subscribe to MMS, any pictures sent to you over text will appear as an email attachment. It’s that simple!